Read the QR code on your mobile device to get World of Mouth app.
Smoked Room Madrid. Fire Omakase by Dani García
David P. Leja
@thegastrojourney – Palma, Spain
The tasting menu is served at a counter where the fire is the connecting thread of all dishes.
This restaurant was awarded from 0 directly to two Michelin stars in 2022 and has been on our bucket list for a while.
First of all, the space is very cool, the dark lighting and deco give this place a very interesting atmosphere and this together with the very good service make it already a very enjoyable night.
Now focusing on the menu, some of the dishes (of the 16-course tasting menu) we had that night were the following:
* Shrimp from Motril, noisette butter & smoked pepper.
* Smoked hamachi, roasted tomato essence & yuzu.
* Dashi tomato.
* Charbroiled clams in Tosazu beurre blanc & fresh wasabi.
* Charcoal baby eels, Vin Jaune velouté & hazelnut praliné.
* Smoked risotto with truffle.
* Charcoal pumpkin & clementines.
* Grilled aubergine, miso chocolate ice cream & melipona honey.
Overall we really enjoyed almost all the dishes and especially the first two dishes were really really good in our opinion. This was paired with some great wines suggested by the great Baselga, who is one of the most pleasant, fun and knowledgeable sommeliers we’ve seen in some time, perfect to complete a fantastic evening.
Download the ultimate insider’s guide to the world's best restaurants.