A mix of Mexican and Japanese flavors and techniques making this one of the most interesting restaurants in town.
Emilia was actually the only restaurant we went to twice on our trip to Mexico. We really liked the place, the atmosphere and especially the interesting mix of flavors. They offer two options, either a la carte or omakase, we think both are great options, but if you are two people we would recommend the omakase.
Some of the favorites dishes were:
* Bluefin tuna crudo, XO, dried chilli ponzu and yuzu koshō.
* Grilled chione clams, clarified butter, XO and chives.
* Tuna tostada, fried leek, charred habanero and avocado.
* Flatbread, Oaxaca cheese, kale salad, uni and chives.
* Beef tartare and black garlic mayonnaise.
* Fish necks, black chilhuacle BBQ, chives and fried garlic.
* Mamey tart, pixtle ice cream & pine nuts.
* Chocolate fudge, sake and cacao nibs.
We liked all dishes mentioned above, but one that stood out among them was the fish necks, just so so good, super juicy and tender, and super tasty. Just two fantastic meals here, and definitely a place to return when we come back.